Do you love kids? Big Brothers Big Sisters Lanark County is looking for highly motivated team player to join us and deliver quality programming and services in the region. If you’re very organized, have high energy and want to make a difference, send us your resume and cover letter today.
Duties include: develop, maintain, nurture, monitor and support community-based matches and site-based group mentoring programs. Recruit, screen, train and support volunteer mentors. Oversee After School Programs and complete required paper work and database entries, maintain confidentiality and actively promote BBBSLC.
- Possess a post-secondary education; with major in social work and/or child and youth worker disciplines and/or equivalent experience
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude to the general public
- Familiar with Lanark County; socio-economic environment
- Knowledge of BBBS organization and/or other charity
- Working knowledge of computers and various word-processing/database programs
- Good communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Above average initiative and organizational skills
- Experience with and knowledge of leading youth activities
- Demonstrates effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, participants and parents
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job including frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crouching.
- Ability to use various sports equipment in the program
- Current First Aid and CPR, plus current Vulnerable Sectors check and valid driver’s license with daily access to a vehicle