Are you looking to make a difference? Do you want to shape the course of Canadian communities? Do you like to have fun and enjoy collaborating with people? You might consider employment with Big Brothers Big Sisters.
As employment opportunities arise, they are posted below. Qualified candidates are encouraged to send resumes to the contacts provided for each position. Only those candidates that are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls or e-mail follow-ups please.
Position Posting – Executive Director
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Lanark County is a dynamic organization dedicated to helping children reach their full potential through mentoring. The agency currently serves over 650 children throughout the County and works with many key partners to strive to provide every child who needs a mentor with a mentor.
The agency is seeking a forward thinking, energetic and collaborative leader to help the agency continue to grow and evolve. The Executive Director is the chief operating officer and is responsible to the Board of Directors. S/he has a primary responsibility to advise on and implement agency policy, as established by the Board, which encompasses all operational and administrative matters.
The Executive Director oversees the day-to-day operations of the organization and represents the Agency externally.
Duties and oversight will include, but are not limited to;
- Human Resources Management
- Program Planning and Development
- Finance and Administration
- Fund Development
- Community Services Planning and Liaison and Public Relations
- Advising and Assisting the Board of Directors
- Strategic Planning
- Service and Delivery Standards
Preferred Qualifications of a potential candidate will include:
- Successful completion of a business diploma, degree or equivalent.
- Supervisory or leadership experience with minimum of 3 years of experience in a management position and experience in a not-for-profit organization or social agency are required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in human resources, financial management and volunteer administration
- Experience with marketing and fundraising, working with a Board of Directors
- Well-developed oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours as required by work demands
To apply in confidence, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before June 19th, 2018 at 12 noon.